Tuesday, May 19, 2009

kim basinger ,kim basinger bio















Trivia
Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#40). [1995]
Studied ballet from age of 3 to mid-teens.
She describes her father as an introspective, classically trained trumpeter, her mother as a flamboyant, extroverted "Lucy-like" housewife.
Loved the movie My Fair Lady (1964) and the "Loverly" song in it, which prompted her dad to encourage her to enter local Junior Miss pageant and sing the song as her "talent." She didn't win, but later did succeed in competition to become the 'Breck (shampoo) Girl." This led to career as Ford model, then to acting.
Went to high school with Keith Strickland of the 'B-52s'.
Daughter, Ireland, with Alec Baldwin, born. [October 23, 1995]
Turned down the role in Basic Instinct (1992) that later went to Sharon Stone.
Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36. [1984]
When she reneged on her verbal agreement to star in Boxing Helena (1993), the producers sued her for breach of contract. A jury ordered her to pay over $8 million, which forced Basinger to declare bankruptcy. The decision was reversed on appeal.
Ex-sister-in-law of Daniel Baldwin, William Baldwin and Stephen Baldwin. Ex-cousin-in-law of Joseph Baldwin.
Her last name is often mispronounced. The writers on "Saturday Night Live" (1975) made fun of this fact when she and her husband, Alec Baldwin, hosted the show. In his opening monologue, he asks her how to pronounce her name. She answers (correctly) "Bay-sing-ger," with a hard 'g' in the final syllable.
First "Bond Girl" (she played Domino in Never Say Never Again (1983) to win an Oscar (won for L.A. Confidential (1997)).
Was a cheerleader at Athens High School.
Measurements: 35 1/2C-24-35 1/2 (but mostly wears a 34C bra) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
Recreated Molly Peters's massage scene from Thunderball (1965) in Never Say Never Again (1983).
She and Alec Baldwin met and fell in love in 1990 on the set of the trouble-plagued movie The Marrying Man (1991).
Ex-sister-in-law of Chynna Phillips.
Born on the same day as the late Sam Kinison.
First actress to win an Oscar after appearing naked in Playboy magazine.
Her grandmother was part Cherokee Indian. She is also of German, Swedish and Irish ancestry.
Almost didn't appear in L.A. Confidential (1997) because she was tired of playing prostitutes.
Was originally cast in Kansas City (1996) as Carolyn.
Turned down leading role in Sleepless in Seattle (1993), which went to Meg Ryan.
Daughter of Don, a jazz musician, and Ann, a former model and champion swimmer.
Sister of Mick, Skip, Ashley and Barbara.
Personal Quotes
I work in a strange business, and trust is a word that's not even in the vocabulary.
I think any girl who comes to Hollywood with sex symbol or bombshell hanging over her has a rough road.
I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely.
My hand still shakes when I sign autographs. I still go and sit in the movies like everyone else and look up there and go "God! Movie stars! Wow!" And I'm in this business. I walk out there just fascinated and I always want to stay like that. I'm just a little kid going to these movies and I don't ever want to change.
You have to be a little unreal to be in this business.
Salary
I Dreamed of Africa (2000)
$5,000,000
The Marrying Man (1991)
$2,500,000
No Mercy (1986)
$1,000,000